Congratulations on progressing to the interview stage.
I am delighted to inform you that you have been selected for an initial interview for the 2024 Observership Program.
Interviews will be conducted throughout September.
In preparation for this interview, you are required to watch the “Preparation for Interview” video, review the participating not-for-profit boards on the website and in the Program Handbook, read the 2023 Program Handbook and review ALL the FAQ’s on our website:
- Watch the full ‘Preparation for Interview’ video (below),
- Review the participating Victorian not-for-profit boards
- Read the 2023 Observer Handbook
- Read the FAQs on the website.
Preparation for Interview Video
Please watch the full ‘Preparation for Interview’ video below, once the video finishes a OnceHub calendar will appear allowing you to book in a time.
The interviewer will:
- Ask why you want to participate in the Program,
- Ask what you want to learn and how you want to contribute by participating in the Program,
- Get a sense of which boards you are interested in and would be emblematic of a successful placement,
- Review with you your application, CV and sector and board preferences.
Interviews will be held online via Microsoft Teams. A Microsoft Teams meeting link will be emailed to you from Laura Stark the day prior to your scheduled meeting, please check your junk mail folder if you cannot locate the link by COB the night prior to your interview.
Length and format:
15 minutes is allocated for each interview. As interviews are short, please be prompt.
Sometimes interviews run over time, you will be held in the virtual waiting room until the previous interview is complete. Please be patient – the interviewer is aware you are in the waiting room and will let you in once they are finished.
Please note if you have not reviewed the material identified above and watched the video – we will need to reschedule your interview.
The interview panel:
- Catherine Reiser, Director, The Observership Program, Victoria
- An additional interviewer may also be in attendance.
In the event of a conflict of interest the relevant panel member will recuse themselves from that interview.
If you are unable to attend your interview on the day due to illness or unexpected, non-negotiable work commitments, please text:
- Laura Stark | email@example.com | 0410 520 931
- Catherine Reiser | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0400 454 250
No shows may result in being excluded from the selection process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments we need to be aware of in advance of the interviewing process. We are happy to discuss this further, in advance of the interview and to answer any of your questions.
Interview dates / times:
If you are NOT able to attend an interview on the scheduled dates, due to extenuating circumstances, please let us know and we will endeavour to arrange another interview time.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their interview and if they have progressed to the next stage by Friday 27 October 2023.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.