What should I include in my CV?
A: You are not applying for a job. Your application is assessed by board members based on who you are as well as what you do, so your CV needs to provide the broadest possible picture of who you are. Your CV will be reviewed in the context of the purpose of The Observership Program and by board members of not-for-profit organisations. Please not supply us with a standard job application CV.
- Your interest in the NFP sector is a key factor in a board’s choice of candidate;
- Express your values, interests, background and perspective, plus illustrate a genuine and proven interest in making a difference;
- Try to give equal weight to your personal values as to your professional skills and experience;
- We are looking for a broad picture of who you are, which begins with including, a short personal statement of no more than 2 paragraphs. Detailing your professional skills and then your values and key drivers, interests and achievements and any involvement or experience in the not-for-profit industry.
- Your CV should be no longer than 3 pages.
Click below to view an example