What can I expect from the Program if I am placed as an Observer?
Posted on 03 Jul 2020
Observers can expect:
- High level training for not-for-profit directors delivered by AICD and The Ethics Centre;
- A year long program to build your experience and confidence in serving on a not-for-profit board;
- Access to experienced Board directors from both the not-for-profit and corporate sectors;
- Possible involvement in a strategic project or board subcommittee;
- Networking opportunities with fellow and former participants in the Program. The Observership Program will connect you with the previous year’s Observer on your organisation’s board; and
- A rewarding professional development experience that facilitates your contribution to society in a meaningful way.
An example of an Observership year can be found in the Observer Handbooks below;