What are the Roles and Responsibilities of Observers?
The following commitments are required of all Observers participating in the Program. Please consider these commitments carefully before deciding whether to submit an application to the Program. Observers must:
- Attend all board meetings, training, networking and guest speaker events. Observers are ambassadors for The Observership Program and failure to demonstrate adequate commitment jeopardises opportunities for future candidates.
- Treat all materials, discussions and activities associated with the Program and your organisation with strict confidentiality.
- Contribute to the board meeting discussions only when invited or appropriate.
- Engage with a board subcommittee or strategic project if requested by your board.
- Ensure your employer is aware of your participation in the Program and understands you may need to leave the office early to attend training sessions or board meetings.
Please refer to the sample handbooks below: